Friday, January 10, 2014

Chris Christie Got What He Deserves


I’m a Tea Party Libertarian-conservative Republican. Mitt Romney was not my cup of tea (excuse the pun). But once I choose sides, I’m "all in." There is no 90% or even 100%. Either you give everything you have, or don’t get involved. So I gave Mitt 110%. I knew the re-election of Obama would devastate the economy and kill more jobs. I knew the implementation of Obamacare would annihilate the middle class. I knew Romney was the only alternative. So I was "all in." I gave Mitt everything I had. His loss was devastating to me.

But not Chris Christie. He sold Mitt out for ego, media spotlight and his own political future. As soon as Christie saw the opportunity to advance his own future Presidential prospects, he dumped Mitt like yesterday’s news. He didn’t just stab Mitt in the back and kiss Obama’s ring. He went a step further - he French-kissed Obama at the New Jersey airport.

As my butcher grandfather taught me, you never betray your friends like that. Never. There would have been nothing wrong with shaking Obama’s hand at the airport and announcing when there is a natural disaster we all come together, Republican and Democrat. That would be fine.

But Christie became BFF (best friends forever) with Obama that day. Christie’s over-the-top love-fest destroyed Romney’s presidential ambitions. At the time several national polls had Romney up by 5 to 7 points. His ratings sunk like quicksand after Christie’s embrace. With friends like Chris Christie, who needs enemies? [more...]

No comments:

Post a Comment