Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Lessons from Ferguson


What do I know? I'm just a middle class white guy. I was raised to respect property... respect police... never say "F--- the police"... never desecrate the American flag... never burn down stores in my own neighborhood... love my country... believe in the "American Dream"... study hard, work hard and good things will happen. And funny enough, my life has worked out pretty well. Maybe there's a lesson there for the Ferguson protesters.

I've watched the proceedings in Ferguson from August until the verdict was read on Monday night. The prosecutor (and jury verdict) just declared all of my original gut instincts to be fact. How did I know all of that, back in August? I educated myself. I read. I listened. I watched. I wasn't biased. It was all right there for anyone to see... back then. I predicted the police officer would never be indicted... back then. This is not brain surgery. You only have to use common sense - think for yourself and ignore rabble-rousers trying to stir up trouble and profit from crisis and racial strife... like Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and the Black Panthers. The truth isn't black or white. It isn't conservative or liberal. It’s based on evidence and fact. It was clear to me from the first days after the shooting - the police officer was justified. [more...]

No comments:

Post a Comment