Thursday, March 17, 2022

Social Media Censorship Particularly Hits Those Without Political Connections

By Dr. John Lott

Twice in thirty days, YouTube censored videos of mine on topics that I previously covered for Real Clear Investigations and Real Clear Politics. The video platform blocked me from posting anything for two weeks and said that the ban would be permanent if another violation occurred in the next 90 days. Someone complained to YouTube about my post, but I never learned what the problem was. I was simply told, "It's important to us that YouTube is a safe place for all." The problem is more fundamental. The staffers are intentionally censoring people they disagree with, and I doubt they got in any trouble for their "errors."  YouTube doesn't respect free speech, and people are less informed because of it. [more...]

No comments:

Post a Comment